Monday, November 22, 2010

SHATTERED DREAMS - THE CURSE OF SKIN COLORED KITS

It is with a heavy heart that I report my bid for a UCI ProTeam license has been denied.  Maybe it was my lack of sponsors (I don’t have any), or riders (does my 8 year old count?), or talent (definatley none of that!)...regardless of the reason, I am on the outside looking in.  In an effort to make myself feel better I will place the blame on the UCI points system…I have never had any ethics related issues, that has to count for something!

Oh well, I guess it will be me and the boys from Geox-TMC; they have Menchov (09 Giro winner) and Sastre (08 TDF winner) so I guess I can’t feel that bad.  The only way things could get worse for Geox is if they continue the trend of hideous kit courtesy of team management... yes I am talking to you Footon – Servetto.  Apparently they consulted the same designers for A&W...yeesh.

No comments: